Picking up a new instrument is exciting. Everyone has a different style, and finding their new musical instrument is a fun journey. When it comes to searching for pianos in Massachusetts, a question presents itself right from the start: should you purchase a digital or acoustic piano? There are advantages to each, and assessing them will help you find your best match at Darrell’s Music Hall and enjoy the rest of your piano playing days!
Go for an acoustic/grand piano if…
- You like the feel of classic, no-frills keys on your fingertips.
- You prefer to play classical music or music without effects.
- There is plenty of space in your home for an instrument.
- You don’t mind not being able to carry your piano around.
- You prefer authentic tone.
- Cost isn’t a deal breaker for you.
- You don’t mind performing maintenance every so often to keep it looking good.
Try a digital piano if…
- Carrying your instrument on the go sounds fun or fits your lifestyle.
- You like to use effects in your music, whether it’s for composing something on your own or adding a bit of flair to classics.
- A lower cost appeals to you.
- You have a compact space or little room to practice.
- You want to have more options in terms of size and appearance.
- Low-maintenance instruments are easier or more appealing to you.
- You like to play different types of music.
Now that you’ve read more about what each type of piano entails and the differences between the two, hopefully you have a better idea of what to look for when you shop for pianos in Massachusetts. Darrell’s Music Hall has plenty of options and is happy to assist you, so give us a call at (800)-339-6818 and see what we can do for you today!